What was Elon Musk doing at ages 20-23?
“I was paying my own way through college and could make an entire month’s rent in one night. Adeo (Elon’s very close friend) was in charge of doing cool shit around the house, and I would ran the Party.”
- Musk had found people who responded to his ambition rather than mocking it, and Elon fed on this environment.
- When Elon gets into something, he develops just this different level of interest in it than other people. That is what differentiates Elon from the rest of Humanity.
- Musk was more ambitious in College than he’d been in High School.
- Farooq (Elon’s college friend) said, “I don’t think he makes friends easily, but he is very loyal to those he has.” (Which means that Elon did not waste his time impressing others.)
- At Penn,(University of Pennsylvania) he met people that thought like him,” Maye said(Elon’s Mother). There were some nerds there. He so enjoyed them. I remember going for lunch with them, and they were talking physics things. They were saying, ‘A plus B equals pi sqaured’ or whatever. They would laugh out loud. It was cool to see him so happy.”
- Elon Musk and Adeo Ressi(Musk’s very close friend and is to this day as tight with Elon as anyone.) during the week, Musk and Ressi would study, but as the weekend approached, Ressi, in particular, would transform the house into a nightclub.
- “We(Musk and Ressi) would have as many as five hundred people. We would charge five dollars, and it would be pretty much all you could drink— beer and Jell-O shots and other things.”
Musk’s Solar Energy Interest:
- Musk’s longtime interest in Solar power and in finding other new ways to harness energy expanded at Penn.
- In December 1994, he had to come up with a Business plan for one of his classes and ended up writing a paper titled “The Importance of Being Solar.” At the top of the page, he wrote: “The Sun will come out tomorrow…” He concluded the paper with a drawing of the “power station of the future.” It depicted a pair of giant solar arrays in space — each four kilometers in width — sending their juice down to Earth via Microwave beams to receiving antenna with a seven- kilometer diameter.
- Musk received a 98 on what his professor deemed a “very interesting and well written paper.”
Elon Musk, a Video Games Enthusiast and Lover:
As Musk began to think more seriously about what to he would do after college, (we all face this common question, right?) he briefly considered getting into the Video game Business.
He’d been obsessed with video games since his childhood and had held a gaming internship.
In 1994, Musk held two internships in Silicon Valley during the summer: at an energy storage start-up called Pinnacle Research Institute, which researched electrolytic ultracapacitors for energy storage, and at the Palo Alto-based start-up Rocket Science Games. (He did this video games internship because he loved Video games.)
“I really like computer games, but then if I made really great computer games, how much effect would that have on the world.” Musk said.
But I couldn’t bring myself to do that as a career, because it wouldn’t have a big effect even though I have an intrinsic love of Video games.
In Interviews, Elon Musk often makes sure that people know he had some truly big ideas on his mind during this period of his life.
He wasn’t just sniffing out trends, and he wasn’t consumed by the idea of getting rich. I am not an investor.
“I like to make technologies real that I think are important for the future and useful in some sort of way.”
Musk was born on 28 June 1971 and his 20–23 period of life happened from 1991 to 1994.
Musk, almost from his earliest days, plotted an escape from his surroundings and dreamed of a place that would allow his personality and dreams to flourish.
I hope you got a sense of what was Elon doing at ages 20–23.
A lot of love for you, support for your journey, and respect for your time.