Who would have thought, that a child born in south africa will one day single handedly change the face of our technology? Here i am not going to talk about his life and his past and his failures as the internet is full of these things. Instead, we will see what this visionary CEO of multiple multi-billion dollar and several multi million dollar companies has in his mind. How is he shaping his dream of a better and bright future into reality.
Not everyone has the ambition to develop a game at the age of 12. Introducing the finance world to the online banking .In the age when the internet was not accesible easily. Investing the whole 180 million dollars of profits, which he got from the stakes of his online banking company seemed foolish to most of us. But as musk says ,“The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur”.
His visions are far different and wild even for our technologically advanced world. But his firm belief and perseverance shaped those dreams into a living reality as we see today. His companies are the sheer examples of what creativity feels like. Let us have some insights in his companies and the work that is going on in them,and decide for ourselves.
- SpaceX- Space Exploration Technologies Corp., trading as SpaceX .It is an American aerospace manufacturer and space transportation services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California. Once on the verge of bankruptcy, after 3 consecutive failed rocket tests. It is currently valued at around 36 billion USD$. The reusable rocket technology revolutionized the space travel once and for all. When asked about how he thought to reuse the rockets? He said “The analogy I use with my team is ‘guys imagine we had 6 million dollars on a pallet of cash,’ .” Musk said. “Six million dollars is falling through the sky. Would we try to catch it? But he does not stops here .He has his eyes set on mars. His greatest vision being making the human species multiplanetary. As impossible as it seems now ,he says “We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.”
- TESLA- the last major automobile startup in USA was JEEP founded in 1941. Then came tesla nearly 60 years later with a mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Tesla was founded in 2003 by a group of engineers.They wanted to prove that people didn’t need to compromise to drive electric – that electric vehicles can be better, quicker and more fun to drive than gasoline cars.Tesla believes the faster the world stops relying on fossil fuels and moves towards a zero-emission future, the better. We all know that the stone age did not ended because people ran out of stones. Likewise the gas and oil cars will not vanish due to the complete exhaustion of fossil fuels. Musk believes “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.” And using gasoline cars in future will surely be like using a horse.
- Solar city – The vision of a sustainable future was clearly incomplete without using the solar energy to provide household electricity,and solarcity had this in mind. Considering this,they started fitting solar panels on the roofs and the energy cost reduced exponentially. The company not only sells its products but also rents them. One can just contact them for installation of the solar panels on the roof. Solar leasing, Solar rentals, Commercial solar, Electric vehicle chargers, Energy efficiency evaluations and retrofits, Solar Strong project ,Energy storage ,Installation technology ,Solar roofs are some of the services provided. I think this could be participation is the key to success in this project. Elon says “I think it is possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.”
- The Boring company- Created by Elon Musk, founder of Tesla and SpaceX, The Boring Company (TBC) constructs safe, fast-to-dig, and low-cost transportation, utility, and freight tunnels. So,as the name suggests this is not a boring company at all. Started as an idea this company is valued around 920 million USD$. “Build more tunnels,” Musk said. “Tunnels are great. It’s just a hole in the ground,” he deadpanned, to laughs from students at the SpaceX’s Hyperloop Design Competition at Texas A&M in College Station, Texas.“It’s not that hard, but if you have tunnels in cities, it would massively alleviate congestion. You could have tunnels at all different levels, you could have 30 layers of tunnels and completely relieve the congestion problem in high-density cities. So, I highly suggest tunnels.” This is simple but an highly effective solution to traffic problems.
- HYPERLOOP-Elon Musk first publicly mentioned the Hyperloop in 2012. His initial concept incorporated reduced-pressure tubes in which pressurized capsules ride on air bearings driven by linear induction motors and axial compressors. Hyperloop is a sealed tube or system of tubes with low air pressure through which a pod may travel substantially free of air resistance or friction.The Hyperloop could convey people or objects at airline or hypersonic speeds while being very energy efficient. This would drastically reduce travel times versus trains as well as planes over distances of under approximately 1,500 kilometres (930 miles). Musk believes that “I could either watch it happen or be a part of it.”
Elon Musk is the serial entrepreneur, with a string of successes as well as failures before the startups that would make him famous. Robert Downey Jr turned to Musk for help getting into character as Tony Stark for the 2008 film Iron Man. Musk’s enthusiastic embrace of technology for technology’s sake and his desire to push the limits of what was possible for private enterprise made him a close real-world analogue for Marvel’s billionaire arms dealer.
Hope you guys enjoyed this article.