ASUS has finally launched its newest gaming smartphone, the ROG Phone 3 official in India. It is the world’s first smartphone with Snapdragon 865+ SoC. The new gaming smartphone comes as a successor for the highly acclaimed ROG Phone 2 from last year.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 Specification and features
- ROG Phone 3 continues to sport a 6.59-inch AMOLED 2340×1080 full-HD+ display.
- Asus has upgraded the refresh rate to 144Hz along with a 270Hz touch sampling rate and 25ms touch latency.
- Asus ROG Phone 3 has HDR10+ certified with a claimed 1000nits peak brightness, 113% DCI-P3 Delta E average <1%, TÜV Low Blue Light, Flicker Reduced certifications and finally a 2.5D Gorilla 6 Glass.
- The phone comes with the latest GameCool 3 heat-dissipating system that provides 6x larger heatsink, redesigned Copper 3D vapour chamber, and larger graphite film.
- It comes with AirTriggers 3.
- It has new and enhanced touch-sensitive Ultrasonic bumper/shoulder buttons that offer haptic feedback.
- It supports both sliding, swiping, and the possibility to divide each button into two partitions for tapping. Resulting in up to four shoulder triggers.
- The handset Asus ROG Phone 3 is powered by the newest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chipset, making it the first phone in India to bring the latest flagship processor.
- It can be pushed up to speeds of up to 3.1GHz.
- There are options of either 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
- In ROG Phone 3 on the camera front, the ROG Phone 3 houses three rear cameras that are: a 64MP main camera with a Sony IMX686 sensor, a 13MP ultra-wide lens, and a 5MP macro lens. The one at the front stands at 24MP. It comes with various camera features such as 4K videos, Pro Video mode, Wind filter, HyperSteady Video, Mic Focus features, and more.
- The smartphone gets a 6,000mAh battery with support for a 30W HyperCharge adaptor and runs Android 10.
- The battery can also reverse charge at 10W.
- On the connectivity front, it supports 5G, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi, dual-SIM, and USB Type-C port.
- The headphone jack has been removed, but the company provides a USB Type-C to 3.5mm jack converter in the box.
AirTrigger 3 also features a single shake to control on-screen input, giving a total of 5 additional actions that are comfortable to use. AirTrigger 3 can be used even when not gaming. With a simple long or short “squeeze” in portrait mode and we can activate customizable and useful actions. ROG Phone 3 comes with GameFX – Audio that offers enhanced gaming experience. It comes with 7 magnets for more power and less distortion. The company has partnered with Swedish company Dirac. It also offers side-mounted ports and AeroActive Cooler 3 as an accessory. It also comes with enhanced X-Mode and Armoury Crate.
The ASUS ROG Phone 3 is priced at Rs. 49,999 for 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and Rs. 59,999 for 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It will be up for grabs via Flipkart, starting August 6 in the country.
The ROG Phone 3 also comes with various accessories such as ROG Phone 3 Glass Screen Protector (Rs. 699), ROG Phone 3 Neon Aero Case (Rs. 1,999), ROG Phone 3 Lighting Armor case (Rs. 2,999), AeroActive Cooler 3 (Rs. 2,999), ROG Cetra Core (Rs. 3999), ROG Cetra Headset (Rs. 7,699), ROG Kunai 3 Gamepad (Rs..9,999), Mobile Desktop Dock (Rs. 12,999), TwinView Dock 3 (Rs.19,999), and ROG Clip (Rs. 1,999).