Taiwanese company MediaTek has launched the Dimensity 720 5G chipset for mid-range smartphones. The new chip is aimed to bring 5G experience to mid-tier smartphones. MediaTek DImensity 720, the chipset is designed for global sub-6GHz 5G networks in Asia, North America, and Europe. The Dimensity 720 is part of MediaTek’s 5G chipset family that includes Dimensity 1000 for flagship 5G smartphones to the Dimensity 800 and 700 series for more accessible 5G mid-tier devices.
Features of MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G
- chipset is made using the 7nm process.
- It comes loaded with a power-efficient 5G modem.
- MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor supports 90Hz high frame-rate displays which give smooth gaming and streaming experience.
- It comes with MiraVision HDR10+ video playback.
- The processor comes with a camera configuration of up to 64MP or 20+16MP dual cameras, plus a range of AI-camera enhancements powered by MediaTek’s integrated APU (AI Processing Unit).
- The Dimensity 720 is powered by two Cortex-A76 cores operating at 2GHz in the octa-core CPU.
- the chipset aims to improve the responsiveness of applications for fluid user experience.
- The Dimensity 720 also packs an Arm Mali G57 class GPU, fast LPDDR4X memory and universal flash storage (UFS) 2.2 for fast read/write speeds.
- The Dimensity 720 supports the latest connectivity technologies with two carrier aggregation (2CC CA).
- It also has Voice over New Radio (VoNR) and 5G and 4G dual SIM, dual standby (DSDS).
- It also has universal flash storage v2.2 for faster data sharing.
- . It also supports both standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) sub-6GHz networks.
MediaTek Dimensity 720 is designed for global sub-6GHz 5G networks in Asia, North America, and Europe. For more information and specifications visit the MediaTek Dimensity 5G solutions page. Deputy General Manager, Wireless Communications Business Unit, Dr. Yenchi Lee said that “The Dimensity 720 sets a new standard, delivering feature-packed 5G experiences and technology to devices that are more accessible to mass-market consumers. This chip is highly power-efficient, has impressive performance and advanced display and imaging technologies. All of that combined will help brands usher in differentiated 5G devices for consumers around the globe.”