It is true that the new free game Grand Theft Auto V version of EPIC Games Store has arrived. This means that all users of the PC storefront will soon be able to download the game for free, which will be theirs to keep forever. Since the game has been made available free of cost, the Epic Games Store has continuously been crashing. People are experiencing slow loading times, 500 errors, and the launcher crashes. Apart from this, gamers who are trying to play Fortnite are also experiencing game crashes and other issues to the increased server load caused by many users trying to download GTA 5 for free from the Epic Games Store. The company has tweeted, that it is fixing the problem and that the issues will be resolved soon.
The game is still in demand today, meaning perhaps the EPIC Games Store could offer Rockstar Games a bigger bag of cash to disrupt these sales by selling the game for free on PC. Apart from PC, GTA V is available on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. As many people would like to get their hands on the game, there is a deadline set by the Epic Games Store. The store is offering free games only until May 21.
GTA 5 is around 95GB in size so it is recommended that you download the game on to your PC when you are connected to a Wi-Fi. How you can also get the game for free is in the following:
- Get over to the GTA 5 page on Epic Games website i.e, EpicGames.com.
- Sign up for a new account by tapping on the Sign-in option. And there press the sign up option. If you already have an account, simply sign in to it.
- It will now prompt you to enable Two Factor Authentication, which you should do in order to get the game for free.
- To set up 2FA, you need to head to Account > Passwords and security > Set up 2FA.
- After setting up 2FA head back to the home page and search for GTA 5.
- Now, tap on Place Order to successfully add the game to your library.
- After the game has been added to your library, you now need to download and install the Epic Games Launcher from the company’s website. The launcher has a size of around 400MB.
- After installing the client head over to the ‘Library’.
- The library will showcase all your games. Select GTA 5 and press Install.
- Select the path where you want the game to install.
- GTA 5 weighs in at around 95GB, which means you should have at least that much storage available to download the game.
Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is one of the most iconic video game franchises there is. Almost all of us have played a version of the game and have fond memories. The latest version, GTA 5, is also the second best selling game of all time with over 120 million copies sold till date. you might face issues in downloading the game and even the Epic Games Store might crash a couple of times. This will also result in slow download speeds.