Ingredients for Chicken Fry:
– Chicken with bones- 500 gms
For marination/ mix:
– Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
– Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
– ( use 2.5 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder instead if not using red food colour)
– Garam Masala powder- 3/4 tsp
– Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
– Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
– Lemon juice- 2 tsp
– Gram flour/ Besan or Chickpea flour- 1/2 cup
– Oil- 1 tbsp
– Water- 4 tbsp
– Red food colour (optional)- a pinch
– Rice flour or All purpose Flour – 2 tbsp
– Oil for deep frying
– Take small pieces of chicken with bones, wash it well and keep it to drain.
– Add all the items indicated for the marination/mix to the chicken and mix well.
– Set aside for around 2 hrs.
– Just before frying, add the rice flour, mix it and keep aside for around 15 mins.
– Heat oil in a skillet or deep pan and when the oil is medium hot, add the chicken pieces so as not to crowd the pan. Move them a bit after a minute & turn them after around 2-3 mins on medium heat.
– Keep stirring them while frying for another 7-8 mins on medium heat.
– Fry till they are uniformly browned.
– Remove the pieces onto a plate.
– Fry the chicken pieces in batches and repeat the same process.