Chicken 65 is one of the most popular snacks and a starter recipe all across India. It is made using boneless chicken pieces marinated with some spices and deep-fried.
A crispy non-vegetarian dish is perfect for occasions like kitty parties, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Food color is also used to bring the deep red color, avoid that as well and just stick on to the best quality chili powder or paprika for vibrant color.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes + marination time
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
• 400 gms chicken, cut in cubes
• ½ cup yogurt
• 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
• 1 tbsp curry leaves, chopped
• Black pepper powder to taste
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• Salt to taste
• 2 tsp Kashmiri Red chili Powder
• 2-3 tbsp rice flour / All-purpose Flour
• Oil to deep fry
1 tbsp oil
2 green chilies, slit
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
10-12 curry leaves
Black pepper powder to taste
So lets with the Process:-
• Add chicken, yogurt, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves, black pepper powder, cumin powder, salt, and red chili powder.
• Mix and coat the chicken well, set aside to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
• After margination, now add rice flour or all-purpose flour and mix well.
• Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the chicken until crisp.
• Drain on an absorbent paper and set aside.
• For tempering heat oil in a pan, add green chilies, garlic and curry leaves, saute till fragrant.
• Add the fried chicken and toss well. Add black pepper powder and toss well.
• When done serve hot, with an accompaniment like Red – Green Chutneys